Sunday, August 11, 2013

The MS Optical Perar 35mm f/3.5 Super Triplet MK II

A lowball offer on a lens netted me a surprise this last week - I honestly didn't expect to get it! 

This lens is, of course, the *extremely* tiny MS Optical Perar 35mm f/3.5 Super Triplet MK II.
Today's drive out to Granite Falls gave me the opportu
nity to put this little guy through its paces - we took mainly back roads, and found some interesting subjects. 

 
The corners of the Perar are very soft when shot at maximum aperture but things are well-behaved by f/5.6 and great at f/8. Though nothing like a Leica lens, there is certainly some real magic going on here - the microcontrast is rather good and the performance is phenomenal considering the lens's size and the fact that there are only three elements. 


I'm very happy indeed!

Click the pictures below for larger versions:













Full set can be viewed here: 
http://www.facebook.com/carbon111/media_set?set=a.10151765981128744.1073741848.758538743

1 comment:

Pioneer said...

I've owned my little Super Triplet Perar 35mm for many years and I love it. It is a permanent fixture on my Zeiss Ikon only coming off occasionally to make room for a few other lenses. I have several wonderful lenses including some truly magnificent Zeiss and Leica lenses but this little 35 is the Belle of the Ball.